Caged Fullbore Flowmeter
The flowmeter measures the velocity of well fluids using a turbine (spinner) impeller. The higher the fluid velocity, the faster the spinner rotates. Knowing fluid velocity and tubing size, volumetric flow rate can be calculated. There is a wide range of flowmeters available, selection depending on several parameters including completion size, expected phases, flow rate and the potential for debris.
The main spinner is placed at the bottom of the toolstring. In the Caged Fullbore Flowmeter (CFB), the spinner blades and cage assembly are closed in tubing enabling it to pass through tubing restrictions without damage, and then open up to present a large, more sensitive impeller in casing.
- Injection and production flow profiling
- Leak and cross-flow detection
- Interchangeable mechanical sections
- Solid impeller shafts for high rate injection wells
- Combinable with other GE Ultrawire™ tools
- Memory or surface read-out operation